Ice Sledding (blocking) is a recreational activity in which individuals
race to the bottom of a hill sitting on large blocks of ice. Here at
ABC Ice House our sleds are for rent all year round. Click here to see our Gallery of Ice Sleds in action!
ICE SLED "HOW TO"
1. IMPORTANT! Read and follow "Caution"
label on seat.
2. Turn the Ice Sled seat upside down on the grass.
3. Place the block of ice in the box on the underside of
the Ice Sled seat.
4. Tighten the knobs on both sides of the block of ice.
(The sides of the box will bow slightly).
5. As the ice melts, continue to tighten the knobs to keep
the seat secure.
6. Place the Ice Sled on the grass and sit on the padded
portion of the seat.
7. Extend your legs out in front of the seat with your feet
just wider than shoulder width apart.
8. Bend your knees slightly and allow your feet to slide
over the surface of the grass.
9. While riding down the hill, your feet can be used to
keep the seat upright.
10. To slow down or stop, press feet more firmly on the grass.
Be safe and have fun!